Here’s a quick mashup of all that’s coming up for me within the next week. Not terribly intersting for you, but might make a good means of catching up with my blogging partners. In no particular order, here goes:
- My first race of the season is about a week away. I’m excited to tackle it, run with my friends and enjoy myself. I feel prepared.
- I’ve had this pain in my left calf. It’s mostly in my calf, but sometimes it’s in my shin, so I can’t decide if it’s a shin splint or a tight calf muscle (or both?). Whatever it is, I’ve rested the last couple of days with easy 1-milers and I’ve been wearing flats to work. Although, today I caved and wore heels. Lesson learned: I shouldn’t have done that. If anyone has any tips on dealing with this twingy little pain, let me know. I might try compression socks. I haven’t ever run in them before but I plan to get pink ones — or something semi-loud.
- Tomorrow is a holiday for me and my almost-3-year-old. I am looking forward to a low-key day off with her.
- Next week, is spring break for my 6-year-old. I’m taking the week off (Yay!) and have an overnight trip planned for just the two of us early in the week. I’m surprising her by taking the train to Washington, D.C., and spending the day at museums and the zoo. We’ll spend the night then do it all over again before taking the return train home. I’ll be interested to see how I fit in my runs into this little getaway.
- I’ll be transitioning into a new role at work when I get back from vacation. Just found out today. Same company, new job — and I’m really excited for the change.
There you have it. Nothing terribly profound today, but just a frenzy of little things coming together all at once. I’m excited to officially say I’m on vacation today — and equally excited to end vacation with my first race of the season next Sunday (April 7).
Also? For anyone else out there making it daily, do you realize that Day 100 is not too far off? How should we mark this big day?