How nice it was to find out yesterday that our awesome readers have stopped to pat us on the back. First things first, a fellow blogger and daily runner — not mention food log partner for then next week or so — Brendon Birch has kindly nominated our blog for two awards: The Versatile Blogger Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Brendon, many thanks. We are making it daily, as are you in the form of running, but you’re doing it for a very noble cause, the Karen Green Foundation, which is working to raise money for organizations and individuals researching, treating and fighting leukaemia and cancers of the blood.
Thanks so much for the mention and awards. We must share, and here are the rules:
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award and Very Inspiring Blogger photos on a blog post.
- Thank the person (or animal) who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 10 favorite bloggers.
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
To stick with the rules, here are seven things about me (in no particular order):
- I am a southerner, and my Mississippi accent comes out when I’ve had a couple of glasses of wine. You can’t stop the drawl, y’all.
- I had seven wisdom teeth.
- My husband makes me laugh every single day. It’s one of my favorite things.
- I love a simple, great meal and sharing it with my husband. We talk about it for days to come. That pork belly in Charleston? Yes, we still discuss.
- I hate watermelon. And any melon. Blech!
- I went to college in New Orleans and just love that city. If given the chance, I’m pretty sure I would move back. There’s just something about it that’s had a hold on me since I was little.
- Today is my youngest daughter’s birthday. She is three. Here’s what I think about her:
Dear daughter: You are feisty and a little tough, yet afraid of the slightest creak and crack. I love your wild curls and your sweet, soft voice that turns gruff and decisive at a moment’s notice. I adore your tender side, when you cup my chin in your tiny hands to tell me the sweetest secret. I am so proud that you’ve found your voice so early in life, especially given that your big sister discovered hers so early, too. You speak up for yourself. You stand your ground. You know what you want and hold out for it. You have an imagination. A conscious. A sense of humor and giggle box. You are not a risk taker, but you do like to have fun. You never say “I love you” without adding the rest of your family to the sentiment, “and I love daddy and Bean.” You are three years old, which means you are so very strong-willed. You can be a bad listener and test my patience. Yet, I just melt when you try to tell me why you couldn’t listen or why you ran away from me on the sidewalk. I cannot believe that I thought I was done after having just one child. You have completed me as a mama. You have made the Bean a better person now that she’s a big sister. And you made our family whole. I love you forever. To the moon and back.
And, our 10 favorite bloggers (I love this list because it’s a mix of all three of us):
- Dearest Design blog
- My Life Afterglow
- Leanne Cole Photography
- Raising five kids with disabilities
- We Shall Have Pie
- The Open Suitcase
- Simple Short and Sweet
There you have it. I owe you a food log. I might post it later today. Stay tuned (although I can’t make promises because there are birthday festivities to be had. I promise to keep logging food, though, and share soon).
And speaking of birthdays, dear readers, please take a moment to recognize Claire’s birthday. It was yesterday. I hope she celebrated well. Enjoyed herself tremendously. Shared in many a toast. Indulged in food and wine and was showered in kisses and love. I hope she enjoyed her day. I miss you, sweet sister friend, and wish you lived nearby to share in my good moods and silliness. I wish we could eat cupcakes together. Drink too much wine. Laugh too hard. Share some tears. Giggle about our children. And reminisce about our youth. Happy birthday, friend. Here’s to you!
Running log below.