About a week ago, Kim at Too Slow for Oranges did a Liebster Award post and Making It Daily is one of the 11 bloggers she nominated.
Kim, many thanks. One of the things I love about Kim’s blog is her tagline: “For slow runners everywhere.” Kim is my people!
Liebster is a German word meaning “dearest.” The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize other up and comers to the blogosphere or someone they think deserves recognition for their blog. It’s also a terrific opportunity to discover a few great new blogs to follow.
Again, thanks for the nomination, Kim!
So here we go:
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
My 11 random facts are:
- I had seven wisdom teeth.
- I’m not terribly sentimental. Don’t get me wrong, I have my moments, but I don’t think anyone would categorize me as sentimental. I don’t know if my husband is relieved by this or if it frustrates him. Maybe a little bit of both?
- I would love to give up all our worldly possessions and go live in Costa Rica (or somewhere lush and tropical like that). I won’t, but the idea is nice.
- I have a guitar, I just don’t know how to play it. I need to remedy that.
- I probably have too many shoes.
- I adore my daughters. To me, they are light and bright, and all things shiny and good.
- I love breakfast and could eat breakfast foods at every meal.
- If I had to pick a second career, I would be a teacher. But much to my surprise, I think I would teach elementary school. My oldest daughter has been blessed with two amazing teachers so far. I have told them both how wonderful they are for helping to create such a voracious reader.
- I get hooked on a new song from time to time (usually a sad, sappy song), and listen to it over and over again until I can’t stand it anymore. I have done this as long as I can remember.
- I’m a little (OK, maybe a lot) obsessive when it comes to doing long runs. I have to do things a certain way: Do the run early; have a certain food before I go; have my water bottle with me and GU; I must eat certain things the night before; go sleep at a decent hour… There are more steps to this process, but you get the point. It’s a ritual, I suppose.
- I love having a nice garden, but am so overwhelmed by my current house’s yard – and everything it lacks — that I don’t even know where to start improving it. So it just sits there bare and ugly. Sigh…
11 Questions Kim posed to me:
1) What color car do you drive? Silver
2) If blogging is your hobby, what is your job? I love the non-work related writing I get to do by blogging. I’m also a writer at work, but I do corporate writing. I recently moved into the role of managing social media, so I do much less writing — and that’s just fine.
3) What’s the furthest you’ve been from your home? I think it would be when I went to Hawaii. Of course, while there, I was ready to make it my home because it was absolutely paradise.
4) What is your favorite childhood cartoon? I loved a cartoon called The Littles. Kind of a take off The Borrowers. I loved the idea of these teeny tiny people had created a teeny tiny world just behind the walls.
5) What is one item you can’t live without? I really love my coffee. (and because this says “item,” I’m keeping this as such. Of course, if it said “people” the answer would be my family.)
6) What is your favorite racing distance? Half marathon.
7) What are you afraid of? Two things: Failure and “the edge.” The edge is any road with a sheer drop off (or even slight embankment, as Claire and my husband can attest to).
8) What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done? Hmm. I like adventure, so this one’s tough. I’ve rock climbed, been in a hot air balloon, zip lined, gone way too fast in a car/on a boat/on a jet ski/on my bike. Camped/hiked/hung out in places I probably shouldn’t have. I’m sure I’m forgetting something big. My most stand-out adventure that involved fear was rock climbing in West Virginia. I was cleaning a fairly high and exposed route when it began to rain. We’re talking a summer downpour. My husband couldn’t look up at me because the rain was beating down so hard. Cleaning a route means you’re collecting your gear, and dealing with a series of untying your rope, clipping in, retyping, etc. I was very, very frazzled because of the rain and, at one point, heard this odd sound and suddenly realized it was me. I had whimpered because I was so afraid. I made it down, but definitely had a bit of fear lurking in the back of mind when I climbed from there on out. I guess it changed me.
9) Do you like to cook? Yes, I love to cook, but do not like to bake.
10) What are you reading right now? The Girl Who Played With Fire and Lean In.
11) Disney World or Universal Studios? Disney World
11 Questions from Me:
- What has been your most favorite trip/vacation and why?
- Sweet or savory when it comes to your favorite foods?
- Are you a risk taker or are you risk averse?
- What’s your passion and what do you do for a living?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- What was your first job?
- What talent do you wish you had?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
- Would you rather swim with dolphins or do deep-sea cage diving with great whites?
- Brendon @ 365 Day 3000km
- Ashley @ Rather Be Runnin’
- Evelin @ Evelinruns
- Gelli Power
- John @ Fit for a Year
- Rite 2 Run
- 2 Geeky Girls
- Choy @ therunstuff
- Life as a running mom
- The Honest Toddler (not that this toddler needs any more followers, but this stuff is hilarious and I envision my 3-year-old behind nearly every one of these posts).
So there we have it.